Cal Poly Pomona Professor Renford Reese had his PLS 3821 "Politics, Policies, Pop Culture" course write a tribute essay on the life and legacy of Kobe Bryant two days after the icon's tragic death. Students were asked to respond to the following questions:
1) How did Kobe become one of the greatest basketball players in NBA history?
2) How did Kobe transcend the game of basketball and become a Pop Culture icon?
3) Why was he loved globally--especially in China and Italy?
4) What is the "Mamba Mentality"?
5) What will be Kobe Bryant's legacy?
Click on the first image for the journal article on student responses and click on the pdf below to see the myriad of unedited student responses about the life and legacy of the Mamba.